MUSICAL MUSINGS



Ever really listened to the melody of the river? My friend and I do. It is calming, soothing and exhilarating at the same time. It starts as a rushing sound when the river is wide awake and then I begin to hear the other distinct sounds. Soon the sounds of piano, drum, guitar, violin, perhaps accordion, tambourine and all come together in unison producing this soul-warming melody. There is such great music in the air, in the environment. There is music everywhere, beautiful renditions, healing, uplifting, making us one with nature and appreciative of creation and the Creator.
 
When I watch my best friend play the piano, among other things, I admire his musical skill but it's more than that. His talent goes beyond the ability to play the piano. Similarly, when we visit some parks, beaches, Oceanside and I discover similarities between them and imaginary places I have described in OCEAN’S DAUGHTER, I get this thrill that is indescribable. Then I humbly and gratefully acknowledge that it’s talent, a gift. It’s innate.  

We have all been gifted in diverse ways. What are your talents? Are you using or ‘hiding’ them? You can give of your talent. You can make a difference. You have been blessed so you can be a blessing. You may not be a gifted writer, pianist, singer, sports person, but you do have a talent. You can use what you have - your talent - to create beautiful music in someone's heart. For example, an act of compassion is musical. So is a word of encouragement. Love is musical.... Just listen. 

May you discover your talent, use it to serve and find joy and fulfillment. 

And may the month of April favor you and me.

Ciao!


* source of pic: http://www.webweaver.nu/


No comments:

Post a Comment