Overflowing with Thanksgiving

American Thanksgiving Family
The American Thanksgiving Holiday is almost here! Yeah! :). I wonder how many people are actually more excited about Black Friday than thanksgiving dinner... just saying :).

We live in different parts of the globe. Some of us mark this holiday at a different time than in the US (e.g. Canada) and some don't celebrate it at all. Regardless, it's a reminder to everyone of the need to be thankful at all times in spite of the challenges we may be facing. A lifestyle of gratitude is attainable by deliberate and consistent focus on our blessings. There's always something to be thankful for.

It's a true saying that if you don't have gratitude, you have resentment. Which of the two do you have? Which do you consider nurturing?

On the aside, we need to look at ourselves in the mirror and be thankful for what we see. For instance, I'm so blessed to be myself. I like me...I love me. I'm so perfectly happy to be me inside out. I wouldn't trade me for anyone else! Yet I'm aware of my imperfections and so daily aspire to be a better person.

While counting our blessings, it's good to look inward and strive to get rid of the negative things (e.g. hatred, bitterness, deception, greed, dishonesty, among several others)that taint us. Be thankful, let go, then build on the positives.

Wishing everyone, especially my friends and fans in the States, safety and joy this holiday!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Love, peace and blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment