Setting SMART Goals

The new year 2012 is almost upon us!
When I look at the year 2011, I have a lot to be thankful for. At the personal level, something fabulous happened in my life. Yet there are things I wish I had accomplished in the area of my writing career. There is the saying "Once there is life, there is hope". So this is the time to take stock and get ready to move forward.

It is reasonable to set goals. It is even more reasonable to set SMART goals: goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. These goals need to be categorized in terms of short, medium and long term. Setting SMART goals is something each individual must do to achieve lasting success in life. Otherwise we would be like a piece of paper that goes in whatever direction the wind blows it. Directionless. Of course, when we are adrift on a raft or boat, we still arrive at a destination. However, it is rarely a preferred destination.

We must not leave 2012 to chance. We need to set SMART goals. At the end of the day, we may not accomplish all; but we would have moved our lives forward in the right direction.
My heartfelt wish for you is that 2012 will be a better year for you than 2011 has been.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment