Thanksgiving Musings... and still counting

For Canadians, the Thanksgiving Holiday is here again! I am very thankful and I hope you are too. There is always something to be thankful for. If your gratitude level is down, you need to raise the scale. All you need do is take a deep breath, in and out. That's something to be thankful for. Look around you. Take in the beauty in nature. That's something to be thankful for. Look inward. Look at those around you. These are things to be thankful for. You may not have many things you would like to have; but, there are those who lack lots more. The classic saying about someone complaining about not having shoes is apt here. So also is the one about the grass being greener on the other side.

While hoping for better days, contentment helps you achieve serenity. Gratitude and contentment go together. Be content. Scripture says "Godliness with contentment is great gain". Then, as Joel Osteen says, believe that your best is yet to come.

Talking about catch phrases, it is said that the darker the berries, the sweeter the juice. I am thankful for the juice on the side table beside me. I am also thankful that it is not from concentrate :). When you begin to count your blessings; both great and small, you will find yourself smiling.

Keep your gratitude scale raised, not just during this Thanksgiving Holiday but work to be thankful at all times. When situations cause the scale to tilt downward, think about the things you should be thankful for and get yourself back on track. I remember a posting I saw once. It reads: "When I am sad, I remind myself how awesome I am." It was written by a teenager and I thought that was pretty cool. She found what works for her and so should each of us.

Does this look like a writer's ramble? Not exactly.... I choose to describe it as just me musing....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANADIANS AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

The countdown continues in spite of the Thankgiving Holiday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment