Work to be done

Today has been so so. It started off okay and then took a stretched out plunge. It's not that I would have preferred a nose-dive. Either way you get soaked. So I became melancholic. My colleague was playing Bob Marley's songs on Grooveshark. As "No Woman no cry" started playing, my eyes brimmed over. Moments later, I succeeded in taking a short trip down memory lane. And I am like 'I have so much to be thankful for'. I have had my share of life's challenges - and still do - but I have so much to be thankful for. Also, I have strength of character which everyone who knows me admires. I have a Father who loves me very much in spite of my imperfections. I have my best friend and family.

There is a song about counting our blessings one by one and we'd be surprised at how blessed we are. My best friend sometimes reminds me of this in different ways. Often, it takes real effort to achieve the positive shift in our thoughts; but, it can be done. You can do it. I can do it. And it's never too late to start.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment